Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fireworks and 1000 lakes


Hey guys!
Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile, but we broke down in Vegas got stuck for two days and then drove from Vegas to Lawrence, Kansas (which is a 21 hour drive). But it was worth it as Lawrence, Kansas and the Replay lounge ruled it! It wasn't what I expected from the midwest.
The next night we were in Liberty Missouri at the Retro lanes bowling alley. Now this was exactly what i expected from the mid-west!! The show was put on by an old fellow named August, he used to be a pretty famous sound man, doing sound for Sly and the family stone and many more.
Now he's kind of a sad, washed up, lonely guy. He really loves Purple Rhinestone Eagle and he did a great job of the sound. Next time though I think we will go to Kansas city proper as we caught word that there were a bunch of kids that wanted to see the girls but couldn't get to Liberty...
On the way through Iowa there were signs for giant fireworks box stores. So i whined a bit about really wanting to go into one because of my affinity for explosives and the fact that Canada sucks and we can only get them for one week around halloween. Ashley was kind enough to stop and I basically turned into a five year old kid in a candy shop! I bought a giant firework shaped like a beer! SERIOUSLY!!
Next on the tour was a Minneapolis house show and that's where I am now. There were tornado warnings in place yesterday as we drove into Minnesota (another thing i love, drastic weather).
This had to be hands down the hottest basement show I have ever been too!! It was out of control hot. But the girls killed it as usual, Ashley stripped down to a bra it was so hot. After their set was finished we all proceeded to get really drunk really fast! I couldn't keep up with my thirst so for one reason or another I stripped off my clothes and jumped into a gross kids pool that was on the front lawn of the house. It was awesome and the next thing you know everyone else is stripping down and jumping in. Then the sky opened up and lightning and thunder ripped through drenching the streets with rain. Corrie from Kitten forever suggested we go night swimming. There's nothing like a skinny dip in a thunder storm on a hot summer night.

Were off to Madison Wisconsin today and I'm letting the girls sleep in a bit as the drive is only four hours.

1 comment: