Saturday, February 21, 2009

The customer is never right


I was chased down the street by angry line cook today. It all started when Legs, Brad and I decided to grab some hangover breakfast at The Sunny Spot on Main and 10Th.
Our food took forever and when it came mine was cold! Not a little warm, but fucking COLD. So i told the waitress who seemed to understand what i was talking about. 2 Min's later an angry elderly man, who i was to presume was the cook (apron) came to our table. I told him my food was cold and i couldn't eat it! He then waved his hands in my face and told me it wasn't cold and to get out!?
I didn't even know what to say?? It was shocking. So Brad explained to him and legs added help and still this guy was so angry at me!! So he goes to the kitchen but stands in the doorway staring at me with pure fucking anger. I'm seriously dying at this point. The kids finished their meal up as quickly as possible paid the check and left. We all walked out of the place and all of a sudden out comes the waitress and she's screaming that we didn't pay the check! Which we did, except for me because of the crap food that i didn't eat. We explain the situation and then out comes the angry cook and he's losing his shit!!! Like seriously he's going off. She had to hold him back and he's screaming in my face to pay the check. It was a huge scene! Like seriously the whole neighbourhood saw this shit go down and their all thinking were trying to rip this wacko guy off, mostly because of the way were dressed and our ages, i assume. Then this "bystander" chimes in, "come on you guys pay your CHECK!" At this point i can't even believe this is happening. NO SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm fucking shit shocked and kinda scared cause he's screaming he's going to call the police. I wish he had honestly.
I have to walk by the Sunny Spot everyday to go to work at Budgies, it's just so awkward. All because my meal was ice cold and i couldn't eat it. It makes me sad, cause i don't know why that guy freaked out so hard. Anyways we were all super shook up for a good half hour after it happened and of course i had to go to work and serve food and customers all day long.
Oh well! I'm off to check out Pierced Arrows at the Railway club and have a few pints, a place where everybody knows your name.

2 comments: