Friday, February 13, 2009

Mexico '09


I just got back from a month long vacation in Mexico (yeah, yeah, i know) with my GF and I'm really depressed right now. Weird right?
The obvious reasons may be the sun and surf are no longer at my door step, and have been replaced with forced heating and toques. I don't think that's it though? It's more of an uncomfortable realization that i have to get back with the "social paradigms and paradox's," that make up east van.
In Mexico i didn't have to worry about who was going to be my new roommate? Or who broke up with whom? Or who's drinking binges were causing problems among their friends? Or what music venue shut down? Or who lost their job, or who, or who...... In Mexico i had to worry about whether or not i should have a margarita or a mojito? And whether or not they are 2X1?
So yeah i guess it's just back to reality for me and the rest of East Van has just been waiting to catch me up on all the goings on. So why hasn't my phone been ringing?

1 comment: